A Typical MIRAD Feed System
For the reception and transmission of microwave signals from and into space
- Feed tube optional with service doors
- Rain blower (optional)
- Feed heating device (optional)
- Feed flange (customized to the antenna reflector vertex for smooth on-site integration)
Feed Assembly (Orange)
Standardized and custom build models for all frequency bands from 1 GHz up to 70 GHz.
- Feed horn including feed window (single/double)
- Tracking coupler (optional)
- Feed Combiner (linear or circular – switchable optional)
Selection of multi bands:
- Ka-/Q-/V- band
Feed Network (Green)
Waveguides to connect the customer defined interfaces to the feed assembly ports – optional with polarization and / or redundancy switching.
More information available in Feed Networks.
MIRAD feed systems can be adapted to any antenna type or make. We provide feed systems for new and existing.
- Standard antennas
- Purpose built antennas
For the latter, MIRAD supplies the reflector design including a precise forecast on expected antenna performance. When designing a feed system it is our policy to apply as many of our standard feed modules as possible, such as the feed combiner or the filters, to minimize project risks and to ensure cost efficiency as well as acceptable delivery times.
As most used antennas are upgradeable, MIRAD offers
- Antenna upgrade assessments
- Feed system design upgrades
- On-site installation (optional)
Prior to delivery, all of our feed systems are thoroughly tested and documented in detail.