MIRAD developed a high power X-band feed system with very low passive intermodulation (PIM) level. The system can be adapted to existing antennas, with feed horns for cassegrain or ring-focus configuration. The PIM optimized design and manufacturing processes lead to a very robust system with an IM3 product suppression > 190dBc.
Feed system characteristics:
- dual circular polarized
- PIM suppression > 190dBc (IM3)
- power handling up to 2.0kW (simultaneous)
- insertion losses < 0.60dB (Tx) and < 0.40dB (Rx)
- Rx/Tx isolation > 130dB
- axial ratio < 0.55dB
- TE21-mode tracking coupler
- customized network design
- 2:1 redundancy switching
- various Rx or tX test couplers
The passive intermodulation suppression can be verified with our in-house test bench, that supports also Ku- and DBS-band. The feed sysem can be provided in very short delivery time compared to its complexity (< 4 months).